Bird populations around businesses will create damaging problems. If you are finding birds roosting on your roof or around your business, call Critter Control of Cleveland. We will get rid of the bird problem and clean up bird droppings. 216.342.2316
Controlling Bird Populations
- Birds are an often underappreciated part of the environment. We often forget that they control insect population and also feed on rodents, worms and fish.
- Bird species like game birds, song birds, and hawks all contribute to outdoor recreation and the overall enjoyment of nature.
- Because birds are so helpful to our environment, they're fairly well-protected by regulations. Public relations are important to bird management programs, so Critter Control is sure to educate clients and public populations as to why a certain program will be necessary to keep the birds and humans safe.
Commonly Reported Bird Problems
The three birds that most often become pests in the United States in urban areas are pigeons, starlings, and house sparrows.
- If you have ever tried to get rid of pigeons, you know just how difficult pigeon control can be.
- Other birds, from hawks to swallows, may occasionally cause unexpected and unusual pest problems.
- When blackbirds and crows roost in suburban areas, they become pests.
- Woodpeckers may peck holes into house siding looking for insects and to make nest cavities.
- Seagulls can feed at food plants, and they roost and nest on large flat roofs with crushed stone.
Critter Control has extensive experience in geese control and removal, pigeon control and removal, sparrow control and removal and more. We can get rid of birds permanently and repair bird damage. We use humane practices and can handle trapping and relocation of sparrows, pigeons, geese or other bird pests.
Common pest bird situations include:
- Feeding on agricultural products
- Roosting or nesting around human habitations
- Destroying vegetation and contaminating foods
- Noise, droppings, odor and feathers
- Diseases or ectoparasites affecting humans including histoplasmosis and cryptococcosis
- Unpleasant or hazardous working conditions
The most effective bird control approaches encourage deterrents, exclusion and structural modification.
Critter Control’s knowledgeable technicians have bird-proofing and bird control methods for any nuisance bird situation — especially to get rid of birds that congregate on municipal and commercial buildings. For more information, please contact us at 216.642.3044.